31st Jan
What a hell of a day! I arrive on time for my Jetstar flight to Gold Coast, on board the same flight is a high school friend Leo with his girlfriend! So from 7am to 10am AU time, we are meant to be waiting for our flight to transfer, however our flight got cancelled to the bad weather in the Gold Coast. Because of that, Jetstar made sure we all boarded the next flight to Osaka, and payed for our hotel and transport to Tokyo, which I will be taking in the morning.The flight to Gold Coast passed very quickly, and so did the time spent waiting at the lounge in the GC airport, but the flight seemed to drag on, lucky I had AVICII to keep me company for most of the flight, ran out of battery with about an hour to go, at which point we already started It will certainly be a busy ride taking the shinkansen in the morning, but I should make it to the Youth Hostel Tokyo Annex in time to store my luggage and Meet Guy in time at Ginza at 1pm! It is now 12 30pm JP time, which would be 4 30am in NZ, so I’ve been awake for 24 hours, just had dinner with Leo and his Girlfriend at a dine/bar on the 25th floor of a building, amazing view! I’ll acquire the photo and post it up when I get it.
What a hell of a day! I arrive on time for my Jetstar flight to Gold Coast, on board the same flight is a high school friend Leo with his girlfriend! So from 7am to 10am AU time, we are meant to be waiting for our flight to transfer, however our flight got cancelled to the bad weather in the Gold Coast. Because of that, Jetstar made sure we all boarded the next flight to Osaka, and payed for our hotel and transport to Tokyo, which I will be taking in the morning.The flight to Gold Coast passed very quickly, and so did the time spent waiting at the lounge in the GC airport, but the flight seemed to drag on, lucky I had AVICII to keep me company for most of the flight, ran out of battery with about an hour to go, at which point we already started It will certainly be a busy ride taking the shinkansen in the morning, but I should make it to the Youth Hostel Tokyo Annex in time to store my luggage and Meet Guy in time at Ginza at 1pm! It is now 12 30pm JP time, which would be 4 30am in NZ, so I’ve been awake for 24 hours, just had dinner with Leo and his Girlfriend at a dine/bar on the 25th floor of a building, amazing view! I’ll acquire the photo and post it up when I get it.
Well I’m off to sleep, waking up early so I can get to Tokyo
nice and early as well!
So the bullet train to Tokyo flew by me, got on, slept, woke up, there's Fuji with a snow-cap*take picture* then slept til Tokyo, from there it was a case of making it to my youth hostel Tokyo Annex where i found out to my dismay, that my booking had been given away as i was a NO SHOW, fortunately i have the first, 3rd,4th and the 5th with them and their branch NINJA, and have just booked a capsule hotel for the 2nd, so no harm done.
So I spent some time with Guy for dinner and a catch up
since I haven’t seen him in about 2 months. We had a quick plan to go drinking
but my eyes are too heavy and so was my bag, for me to pull an all-nighter. We had a good walk around Shibuya looking at
some of the Guys recruiting the richer looking customers due to their clothing.
Good thing I was wearing a plain black tee as my normal attire, very simple
style so no over the top accessories for me apart from a necklace and a DIESEL
watch from my Girlfriend.
We did some theoretical talking about our plans, and some
things we have set in concrete. We will take the scenic route on the 6th,
taking our time from Tokyo to head towards Sapporo. We will stay the night of
the 7th in Sapporo and the 8th heading down to Osaka to
meet some mutual friends from JAM+ (Japanese Activity Meeting + other things)
in Auckland New Zealand. The rest, will come tomorrow once we finalise
some more things. Time for me to go to sleep now, long day tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment